Greenway & Trails Committee
New maps are in process for trails within the Town. Thanks for your patience and watch for them here, in our kiosks, and in print! In the meantime, trail maps and other resources are available using these links:
- Please see the Dutchess County parks and trails maps here. Details regarding parking, amenities, trail surface, and length are all included.
Additional resources regarding trails within the Town of Red Hook:
- Empire State Trail (New York State): same route as Red Hook’s V2V trail from Annandale Road to Montgomery and Broadway in Tivoli: https://empiretrail.ny.gov/poughkeepsie-albany/east-kingston-tivoli
- Grieg Farm: https://www.greigfarm.com/farm-trails
- Montgomery Place (Bard College): https://www.bard.edu/montgomeryplace/visiting/
- Poet’s Walk Park (Scenic Hudson): http://www.scenichudson.org/explore-the-valley/scenic-hudson-parks/poets-walk-park/
- Saw Kill Trails (Winnakee Land Trust): https://www.winnakee.org/visit-our-parks-preserves/saw-kill-trails/
- Tivoli Bays Wildlife Management Area (NYS Department of Environmental Conservation): https://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/92370.html
Note: The June 30, 2022 meeting (postponed from June 23) will take place at 6:30 PM in the Town Hall conference room.
- For 2022: 6:30 PM on the fourth Thursday of each month. Please see the Red Hook Town Calendar on the website's homepage for dates and locations/meeting format. Please e-mail email@example.com to request information, location, or links for virtual meetings.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Chair - Lisa Whalen
- Howard Callies
- Bruce Cuttler
- Brenda Cagle
- Ana Sanjuan
- John Kuhn
- Cat Viega
- Doug Strawinkski
- Liaison - Christine Kane
One mission of the Red Hook Greenway and Trails Committee is to develop trails in natural settings for use as a resource to promote wellness, to enhance the quality of life, and to fight childhood and adult obesity. The physical and mental health value of frequent walks has been well documented. It has been proven to be of great value in maintaining our wellness in the midst of our busy and stressful lives.
About Our Trails
We are fortunate to have two wooded trails in our immediate area and one stone dust track oval that have parking areas and walks of approximately one to two miles. These distances and the time required to walk them seems to be comfortable and accommodating to many people. Poet’s Walk is a loop of close to two miles; Fathers Trail at UTS is a loop of close to one mile; the Recreation Park is an oval one-half mile in length that cam be walked multiple times.
All of these places offer a secure parking area from which to begin and end a walk through fields and woods or through a recreation park. The Red Hook Greenway and Trails Committee is seeking similar areas to develop into trails.
If you have any land or know landowners who would consider making land available for trails of any type or length, please contact us. You may contact the Committee using the email above.