- Your Government
- Boards & Committees A - I
- Greenway & Trails Committee
Greenway & Trails Committee
New maps are in process for trails within the Town. Thanks for your patience and watch for them here, in our kiosks, and in print! In the meantime, trail maps and other resources are available using these links:
- Please see the Dutchess County parks and trails maps here. Details regarding parking, amenities, trail surface, and length are all included.
Additional resources regarding trails within the Town of Red Hook:
- Empire State Trail (New York State): same route as Red Hook’s V2V trail from Annandale Road to Montgomery and Broadway in Tivoli: https://empiretrail.ny.gov/poughkeepsie-albany/east-kingston-tivoli
- Grieg Farm: https://www.greigfarm.com/farm-trails
- Montgomery Place (Bard College): https://www.bard.edu/montgomeryplace/visiting/
- Poet’s Walk Park (Scenic Hudson): http://www.scenichudson.org/explore-the-valley/scenic-hudson-parks/poets-walk-park/
- Saw Kill Trails (Winnakee Land Trust): https://www.winnakee.org/visit-our-parks-preserves/saw-kill-trails/
- Tivoli Bays Wildlife Management Area (NYS Department of Environmental Conservation): https://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/92370.html
PLEASE NOTE: February 9, 2023 meeting will be via Zoom at 6:00 PM. Please e-mail email@example.com for access information if you are interested in attending.
- For 2023: 6:00 PM on the second Thursday of each month, at Town Hall. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request information, location, or to indicate your plan to attend.
Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
8 Members- 2 year Appointments
- Chair - Lisa Whalen
- Jim Blakney
- Bruce Cuttler
- Brenda Cagle
- Howard Calies
- Melissa Cohen
- Cat Viega
- Linda DiGasper
- (Doug Strawinkski- ex-officio)
- (John Kuhn- ex-officio)
- Liaison - Christine Kane
One mission of the Red Hook Greenway and Trails Committee is to develop trails in natural settings for use as a resource to promote wellness, to enhance the quality of life, and to fight childhood and adult obesity. The physical and mental health value of frequent walks has been well documented. It has been proven to be of great value in maintaining our wellness in the midst of our busy and stressful lives.
About Our Trails
We are fortunate to have two wooded trails in our immediate area and one stone dust track oval that have parking areas and walks of approximately one to two miles. These distances and the time required to walk them seems to be comfortable and accommodating to many people. Poet’s Walk is a loop of close to two miles; Fathers Trail at UTS is a loop of close to one mile; the Recreation Park is an oval one-half mile in length that cam be walked multiple times.
All of these places offer a secure parking area from which to begin and end a walk through fields and woods or through a recreation park. The Red Hook Greenway and Trails Committee is seeking similar areas to develop into trails.
If you have any land or know landowners who would consider making land available for trails of any type or length, please contact us. You may contact the Committee using the email above.