- Held on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month (Exceptions for holidays)
- Start time is 6:30 pm
- Held in person and virtually, via Zoom
- For Meeting Link, email Planning@Redhookny.gov
- Include your name, address and phone number in your email
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Planning Board is a seven year appointment, comprised of 7 members. The Board maintains one part-time clerk.
- Chair - Sam Phelan
- Kristina Dousharm
- Arthur Salman
- Karen Smythe
- Maxine Coleman
- Ariadne Montare
- Planning Board Clerk - Katie Khakhar
- Liaison - Christine Kane
Currently, there is one vacancy on the Planning Board. If you are interested in applying to be a member of the board, please email your resume to both
All questions and concerns for the Planning Board will come through the Planning Board Clerk, Katie Khakhar. The clerk can be reached by calling 845-758-4613 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Department Office hours are:
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 10-1.
Call Ahead for Appointments outside of these hours.
All applicants to the Planning Board should obtain a referral, also known as a "determination", from the Building and Zoning Department.
In order for an application to be placed on an agenda, the Planning Board Office must receive all application fees, a paper copy of the application and a digital copy of the application emailed to email@example.com by 12:00 noon 10 days prior to the meeting date. Check the calendar above for submission dates.
All applications must be submitted with BOTH a hard copy and two digital copies. Hard copies can be submitted in person, or mailed to: Planning Board, 7340 S Broadway, Red Hook NY 12571. Please email the digital copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Basic application forms, click on the following links:
Minor Subdivision (For four lots or less. For Major Subdivisions, contact the Planning Office)
- All applications should include a Short Environmental Assessment Form (please complete part 1 only).
-Applicants who wish to be represented by someone else at Board Meeting should submit an Owner Consent Form.
- If the applicant's property is within 500 feet of a working farm, an Agricultural Data Statement should be submitted. (if you are unsure, the Planning Board Clerk can assist you.)