Duties & Responsibilities
- Licensing / Certificates / Permits and Notary Services
- The town clerk prepares and files many types of licensing to include, marriage, death, birth, dog, hunting, fishing, and recycling. The Town Clerk's office offers free Notary Public Services
- Town Filing Officer
- The town clerk must file in the office of the State Comptroller a copy of the Code of Ethics
- Town Recording Management Officer / Town Records Management Officer
- The town clerk must attend all meetings of the town board and keep a complete and accurate record of the proceedings of each meeting
- The Town Clerk’s office is designated by state law as the Records Management Officer. Maintaining custody of all records, Ordinances, Local Laws, books and papers
Town Clerk Services
- Dog Licenses-
- Dog License Applications shall be accompanied by the license fee and a certificate of rabies vaccination. Proof of neutering or spaying is also required.
- Fishing and Hunting Licenses
- Fees vary according to type of license. A hunting certificate is needed to purchase a hunting licensee. Information is available at the Town Clerk Office
- Handicap Parking Placards
- Handicap Parking Placards can only be obtained at the Town Clerk’s office if you are a resident of Red Hook. Parking Placard Applications need to be completed by both the resident and medical physician. One handicap placard per person. No fee is required.
- Marriage Licenses
- A marriage license can be obtained Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. There is a $40 fee (cash or check only) and the license is valid for 60 days. A valid picture ID, (such as a driver's license or passport) birth certificate and a divorce decree (if applicable) must be shown. Marriage License Packets can be filled out before coming in, and appointments are encouraged.
- Notary Services
- The Town Clerk and Deputy Town Clerk offers free notary service during normal business hours.
- Recycling Permits
- The Recycling Center and Transfer Station is available to Red Hook residents only. Permits have been waived at this time due to the pandemic.
- The recycling center is open Wednesdays and Saturdays 7:30a.m. - 1 p.m. Information is available in the Town Clerk’s office.
- Issue Certified Copies of Marriage, Death, or Birth Certificates
Recycling Stickers & Dog Licenses
- Dog License - Enclose all information ( current rabies info) with self addressed stamped envelope with license fee, and the clerk’s office will mail back a dog tag and a copy of the completed license.
- Resident Recycling Sticker Information - At this time, residents do not need a Recycling Sticker to use the Recycling Station