Electronic Waste Collection takes place annually at the Red Hook Recycling Center.
Next E-Waste Day is April 22, 2023, from 10am-1pm.
- Fluorescent bulbs (compact and linear)
- Computers & computer accessories
- Copiers/scanners/printers/fax machines
- Media: CDs, DVDs, cassettes, VHS tapes
- Gaming devices
- Mobile phones
- Televisions & monitors ($10 fee, cash only)
- NO: Carbon monoxide detectors, smoke detectors, dehumidifiers*, gas-powered equipment, large appliances (washers/dryers/stoves), small appliances (toasters/vacuums/hair dryers), radioactive materials, household hazardous waste, liquids, devices containing freon* or mercury
*Freon-containing equipment (i.e. refrigerators, air-conditioning units, dehumidifiers) are accepted at the Recycling Center year-round during normal hours. Fee may apply.
Click here for a full list of acceptable items. This event is a Red Hook residential service only. Some quantity limits apply.
Dutchess County E-Waste Collection
Dutchess County hosts multiple electronic waste and household hazardous waste collection events each year, with pre-registration required. For more information, visit the DCRRA website. For upcoming events in 2022, see this flyer.
Other E-Waste Recycling Options
Ulster County Resource Recovery Agency (Kingston) - Electronics Recycling (LINK)
Staples - Electronics Recycling (LINK)